Building Enclosure Testing
NEBB's Building Enclosure Testing program provides certification of firms and individuals that meet the criteria established by NEBB.
Building Enclosure Testing Certification Requirements for Firms
In order to become NEBB Certified in Building Enclosure Testing, a firm must:
- Have operated for a minimum period of 12 months continuously with an employee as an air balancer installing contractor; mechanical or sheet metal installing contractor, contractor engaged in TAB work, firm engaged in Commissioning, or a firm engaged in Building Enclosure Testing.
- Firms who are NEBB Certified in TAB, CPT, BSC, RCX-EB or FHT are also eligible.
- Enjoy a reputation for responsible performance. Six letters of endorsement from building owners or awarding authorities in the firm's area are required. Firms who are already NEBB Certified in another discipline will not need these letters.
- Be a member in good standing of a local NEBB Chapter.
- Possess the various instruments which are required for certification according to the NEBB equipment list. Possess the current NEBB Standards for Building Enclosure Testing.
- Designate in writing the Designated Certified Professional who will represent the firm and be responsible for the administration of Building Enclosure Testing.
Building Enclosure Testing Certification Requirements for Certified Professionals
In order to become a Certified Professional for Building Enclosure Testing, click here for more information.